That’s for all MPs or PPCs.
In fact let’s change that. I’ll pay each of you a tenner if you come and listen.
And why’s that? It’s because YOU JUST DON’T GET IT and it’s driving me mad!
Now I know you all have been told that Obama only won the US presidency because he had a FaceBook site and that Social Media is the new ad break in Coronation Street and you’ve got to get involved. That, of course, is twaddle, but it is important and used properly it can be a powerful tool. But all of you are making a complete dogs of it.
Here are a few simple truisms:
1. People buy/vote, whatever, from people they like and trust
2. Everyone knows that nobody, but nobody, is always right or always wrong (any of you read Animal Farm?)
3. So if you say they are, no-one will believe you (see point 1.)
4. It doesn’t make someone a bad person if they disagree with you
5. It’s OK to agree with a competitor
6. Yes, there’s a general election coming and winning a seat is the most important thing in your life. But it’s not in mine, so if you want me to listen think about what is.
7. People would rather disagree with your answer to a question than for you to avoid answering it (again, see point1)
I could go on, but this is where my 100% free, gratis, zero cost seminar comes in. Please sign up now.